PULL LIST POLICY 2016
Every once in a while businesses evaluate their procedures and policies on how things are working and not working, all for the betterment of the business. To make it as a business, the business must make a profit. The Pull List Service provided by Action Jackson Comics is having issues that need to be resolved to ensure that a profit is continued. Making a profit is needed to see to it that Urbana continues to keep a comic book store in the downtown area.
Beginning with September 2016 the following changes will occur with the pull list service.
1. Pull List customers will need to make a visit at least twice a month or give advance notice that they will not be able to pick up their comics. Two key dates that may help in making these visits easier: a) New Preview Order Forms arrive in the store the last week of every month, and b) the deadline to return the filled out the Preview form is the 18th of every month.
2. Previews are a key tool for me to keep track of what each customer is receiving, and it also helps with determining how many titles and quantities to order. Each Pull List customer is required to return a Preview each month to ensure their titles are pulled for them. Either you can a) take one home, and return it; or b) ask me to fill it out for you using previous Preview Order Forms as the basis for your orders. If you opt for b, please keep in mind that I will not remember what you dropped or added over the course of months. Preview catalogs are available for purchase or you can look through the store copy to read up on new and old titles.
3. If two weeks pass by and you do not purchase what is in your pull box you will forfeit the discount. If you do not purchase your items in the following two weeks they will go out on the shelf.
4. All Pull List customers will continue to receive the 10% discount and a bag and board for each comic. Action Jackson Comics reserves the right to increase the discount to 20% if, and only if, the customer has a good track record and orders more than $100 of items on a monthly basis.
5. Discounts cannot be doubled up with other discounts, i.e. your normal 10% discount cannot be increased by using the “recycled bag” discount. Action Jackson Comics encourages people to continue using their old bags.
6. The 10% discount will only apply to comics, trades, graphic novels and magazines. Apparel, toys and other merchandise will not be eligible for the discount. I will gladly order the items for you but keep in mind that you will not receive the discount on these items.
7. Remember that what you are ordering in the Preview Catalog is for two months out from now. If you decide that you don’t want a title, you may have two more issue coming to you before the ordering catches up to your dropping of the title. You may be the only person ordering X-O Manowar, if you drop and do not pick up the remaining two issues; I am now sitting on a title that historically has not sold. I am now holding a title that will be difficult to sell. There are exceptions to the rule, if it is a title that is hot and I know I can sell it; we can work out an agreement. Also the same applies to you if you add something mid-stream. If you hear a lot of buzz on a title and now want it on your list, I may or may not have an extra copy for you until the order again catches up to your order forms.
8. If you do add something after the fact and I sell out of that title, it may be special ordered. As with merchandise, certain comic publishing companies have a lower markup cost after the retail pre-order period. This means the retail store receives a lesser amount on their investment. Due to this lower markup on certain comics, your discount will not apply to special orders.
Again these are all business decisions that I need to make to stay profitable. This is the process I use instead of having customers pre-pay for their comics.
I wish to keep a comic book store in the Urbana downtown area. I am hoping you also want to see a comic store stay on the Urbana side. Thank you for your support of small locally owned stores.
If you have any questions regarding our subscriptions or would like to get started, either stop by our store during our store hours or contact us at (217) 328-4005 or send us an email to email@example.com.